BrandBastion is a growth company specialized in real time protection of brand reputation and ad performance on social media. We fight trolls and pirates on a daily basis and remove harmful user-generated content from our clients' social media properties within 8 minutes 24/7.
We work with governments and Fortune 500 companies in for example gaming, entertainment, e-commerce and technology.
We've developed a large scale web platform that handles large amounts of real time social media data (Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, etc.) and in collaboration with our data scientists we've incorporated innovative technologies such as machine learning and AI to bring a new standard to online brand protection
We believe in:
- Implementation and performance. We measure results and not hours and we give you both the autonomy to develop your own ideas and the necessary tools as long as you take the responsibility for delivering results
- A transparent horizontal organization where ideas thrive above rank
LEAD ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Lead Engineer will be in charge of leading their own projects and overseeing the work done all other software engineers working on their projects, managing people and processes.
- Understand business and collaborating with the product, sales and marketing teams to deliver new services and to establish priorities.
- Actively participating in our platform development strategy and innovation.
- Working with the development team on scaling a large web application and the associated company software services on all important projects.
- Managing the entire development cycle from development to production and maintenance
- Actively involved in recruitment of new developers and processes here.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with interest in business
- Fair and transparent manager that can lead others to perform their best
- Experience with building real-time web applications architecture
- Cloud computing (Amazon AWS mandatory): infrastructure, auto-scaling, monitoring, maintenance and security
- Strong knowledge of NoSQL and big data architectural patterns
- Strong coding skills (5 years minimum): PHP, Python
- Experience with React and developing single-page web applications
- Strong knowledge of test driven development and continuous integration
- Strong knowledge of all steps involved in the software development cycle
- Experience with Scrum and agile methodologies (Atlassian)
- Best coding, security, performance monitoring and compliance practices.
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google/Youtube APIs) would be an asset.
- Experience with AI/machine learning would be an asset.
- Git, automated testing
We appreciate knowledge about the above listed technologies, but also welcome developers with other relevant backgrounds.
- Great learning experience at a high-growth company
- Reports directly to CEO and possibility to advance to VP Engineering.
- Dynamic working environment w/ young management team
- Options to quickly advance in your career as the company experiences growth and to become owner